The old saying, "put your money where your mouth is," is never more prevalent than every October. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Therefore ladies, let's put our money where our pretty mouths are. Numerous cosmetics lines and companies are having limited edition products for the cause which amounts to millions of dollars for research. These products have varying price points so we can all contribute something. If anyone knows of more products, please post a comment with any additions.
- Anastasia Slanted Steel Tweezers ($28) (benefits Women’s Cancer Research Fund)
- Bare Escentuals Limited Edition Loli Glimmer Eyeshadow ($13) (benefits Cosmetic Executive Women Cancer & Careers) available at Ulta or Bare Escentuals boutiques. Launches October 7.
- Clinique Color Surge Buttershine Lipstick in “In the Pink” ($14)
- Coach “Changing Array” Key Chain ($58) (benefits BCRF*)
- Designher Gals Stationary will have discounts on all stationary
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Lipstick and Brush Set ($22) (benefits Cosmetic Executive Women Cancer & Careers)
- Essie Pink Ribbon Nail Polish
- Estee Lauder 2006 Pink Ribbon Compact ($45) (benefits BCRF*)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipgloss in Evelyn Pink ($20) (benefits BCRF*)
- Hearts of Warriors Products from Ford Cares (benefits Susan G. Komen Foundation)
- In Great Taste by Evelyn H. Lauder (benefits BCRF*)
- Jo Malone Red Roses Cologne ($90)
- Key to the Cure T-shirt designed by Oscar de la Renta ($35) at Saks
- “La Rose” candle by Annick Goutal at Saks ($52)
- Mark “Kiss Lock” Change Purse ($6) (http://www.avon.org)
- Ralph Lauren’s Pink Pony Clothing and Accessories (benefits Pink Pony Fund of the Polo Ralph Lauren Foundation)
- Riedel “Pink ‘O’ Champagne Glasses ($27 for 2)
- Riedel "Pink 'O' Wine Glasses ($24.95 for 2)
- Stila Cosmetics “Power of Threee” Lip Gloss ($34) (benefits BCRF*)
- The Laundress Pink Scented Squares ($28) and Pink Dry Bag ($40)
- The Republic of Tea “Sip for the Cure” Tea bags ($10/50 bags) (benefits Susan G. Komen Foundation)
Most of these products will be available October 1. I pulled together the list from numerous magazines. *BCRF (Breast Cancer Research Fund)
Giving of yourself, your time or your money is definitely pretty. There is nothing more pretty than service to someone else. Stay smart, stay strong, stay pretty.